Friday, February 20, 2009

Updates and new blog!


Hi all,

Just wanted to fill in on the goings on around here. With the economy in the shape it is, work has been slower than normal, but I'm still getting work to I look at it as my glass is half full and not empty. I just finished jobs for a couple of new advertising clients and storyboarded some big commercials for them coming out soon.

Also, I have been working back in the comic book medium working on some new samples requested by one of the major publishers. I'm posting a piece (of 6 pages) here. If you want to see the rest of them please go over to my official webside and look under the comics section. I'm really excited to be doing comics again and hope to have some new published work again soon. Once that happens I'll be doing the convention circuit to promote with fans and sign copies. I'll keep you posted on that.

I've been working in Google "Sketch Up" a bit lately to brush op on my 3d skills so that I can be even more valuable to hollywood productions. 3d skills are almost a necessity these days and since I have 10 years of 3d experience (Maya, 3D Studio Max, Motion builder etc.) while working on video games, it's best to not let them get rusty.

Speaking of games, I'm in negotiations now with another game company to do some more illustration on a contractual basis. I'm very excited about working with this new company and the project will be a blast!

Lastly, I wanted to let everyone know that I've been asked to be an official advisor of my trade with Pavaline Studios in New York. They will be turning out some fantastic motion picture projects coming up so please visit my site with them regularly at http://blogs.pavaline.com/cgilmore/. I will be updating it on a monthly basis and covering Storyboarding and conceptual illustration.

I think that's it for now but enjoy the new illustration and make sure to keep checking my blogs for more news and upcoming projects!

Craig Gilmore